- PHONE(715) 479-6400
- TOLL FREE(800) 359-6315
- WEBSITEVisit Website
- VISITOR GUIDEDownload Guide
You will receive a warm welcome when you visit Eagle River during any time of the year. Wisconsin’s favorite natural vacation destination has exciting activities and major events all year long. Eagle River is officially trademarked as “The Snowmobile Capital of the World ®” and is also the home of the World Championship Snowmobile Derby. But it is the summer months that really come alive in the area. Eagle River is at the center of the largest concentration of freshwater lakes in the world. There are over 3,000 lakes within an hour’s drive of town. The famous Eagle River/Three Lakes Chain of 28 connected lakes and the Nicolet National Forest bring visitors to the area for unmatched family outdoor recreation and relaxation. The area features abundant lodging, dining and shopping choices, in all price ranges.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
In the Eagle River area you will find yourself surrounded by awe-inspiring nature, excellent accommodations and the kind of generous hospitality you thought didn’t exist anymore. Eagle River is the heart of Wisconsin’s famous Northwood’s area. The area’s many lakes are blessed with an abundance of resorts, hotels, condominiums, bed & breakfasts and campgrounds. Many lakeside dining establishments can be enjoyed. So if you are looking for a quick meal for the family or an elegant dining establishment for a romantic evening, many choices are offered. Feast as Lumber Barons did years ago. Enjoy an all-you –can-eat Friday Night Fish Fry. Great food in a beautiful Northwood’s setting always seems just a little bit better.
- WINTER: This popular season offers opportunities for cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, snow shoeing, ice fishing or snowmobile trail riding. A favorite stop is to view the unique annual large Ice Castle, built each winter (weather permitting) since 1920.
- SPRING: All of the areas magnificent lakes and lush forests come alive with activities. May brings the opening of the ever popular open water fishing season. Our annual Journeys Marathon Event is held each May.
- SUMMER: Boat, fish, golf, to your hearts content. Other popular activities include hiking, biking, horseback trail riding or enjoy a lakeside campfire. Special events are scheduled every weekend as listed within our popular website.
- FALL: Eagle River is situated between the Nicolet National Forest and the Northern Highland American Legion State Forest. The fall colors are spectacular. This is a favorite season of many folks as they view the colors from their boats and pontoons.
- Breweries and Wineries
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Children Museums
- Cross Country Skiing
- Parks and Forests
- Specialty Stores
- Zoo & Animal Attractions