Destinations Wisconsin Has Three Membership Opportunities
Full membership, Associate membership and Corporate membership.
Download Associate Member Application
Full membership is open to an officially-designated marketing organization (DMO) of a given municipality (or municipalities in a zone perceived by the traveling public as a single destination within the State of Wisconsin), organized on a non-profit basis, to solicit and service convention and visitors, and recognized as the sole organization performing that function in the destination. Membership is limited to one organization per destination. The DMO must devote no less than 75% of its operating budget to tourism promotion and development and the organization maintains the services of a paid executive who has the full authority to represent its bureau in Destinations Wisconsin activities and affairs. In the case of a DMO existing under the umbrella of a parent organization, the DMO division maintains the services of a paid executive who has the full authority to represent the bureau in Destinations WI activities and affairs. Destinations WI Board Seats are reserved for the CEO of the member organization and regular attendance at board meetings is highly encouraged to maintain membership status. Annual member investment in Destinations Wisconsin is based upon bureau budget and are as follows:
|$250,000 & Under||$1750|
|$250,001 - $500,000||$2500|
|$500,001 - $1 million||$3250|
|$1 million - $5 million||$4000|
|$5 million - 10 million||$4750|
|$10 million +||$5500|
New Members are required to pay a one-time application fee of $250. Destinations Wisconsin Benefits include:
- Communication link to the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, Governor's Council on Tourism, Tourism Federation of Wisconsin, Upper Midwest CVB Association, Destinations International.
- Destination Marketing Association International
- Joint Marketing Initiatives, including Homepage link and presence on www.MeetinWisconsin.com, www.DestinationWisconsin.com and www.SportsWisconsin.com; Access to leads and coop tradeshow and advertising participation for meetings and convention, sports marketing efforts.
- Education & Research such as CEO & Staff Educational Forums, Room Tax Utilization, Internal Bureau Practices/Policies, Travel Trends Research
- Government Affairs assistance from a contracted government affairs firm that provides legislative updates and lobbying on state tourism issues.
- DMO & Tourism Industry Advocacy efforts such as the Tourism Trailblazer Awards, Gov. Conference on Tourism Visibility, Destination Marketing Organization Certification and Networking.
Associate Membership is open to non-profit destination marketing organizations (DMOs) that are responsible for promotion of a community or region to the traveling public. The DMO must be the recognized organization for the promotion of the municipality/region where they are located and have a board of directors or room tax commission (as defined by state statute 66.0615). The DMO must have a paid executive director and if governed by a board, must have established bylaws and spend 51% of its budget on tourism promotion and development. Annual Associate Member Investment is $1250. New Members are required to pay a one-time application fee of $250.
Associate members have similar benefits as full members, but have secondary presence on the Web sites, are not a member of the board of directors (but can attend meetings), and are not provided a limited number of marketing opportunities granted to full members.
Corporate Partner Membership
Corporate Partner Membership is open to businesses that provide services to destination marketing organizations. Annual Corporate Partner Investment is $300 with the fall conference booth or $375 without and includes the following benefits:
- Opportunity to present at a Destinations Wisconsin Board Meeting.
- Logo inclusion on Destinations Wisconsin's Web site: www.destinationswisconsin.com
- Membership Mailing list.
- Opportunity to provide materials for distribution at any Destinations Wisconsin board meeting.
Interested corporate partners can simply email Destinations Wisconsin indicating your interest. Be sure to include contact information.